About the Daniel Series 788 Digital Control Valves
Preferred Worldwide For Loading And Off-Loading Of Liquid Petroleum Products
When installed with an electronic batch control device or preset, the Daniel 788 Digital Control Valve tightly controls the flow rate and provides batching capabilities. The preset automatically controls low-flow start-up, high-flow rate control, low-flow shutdown and final shutoff. This is achieved because the high-capacity valve offers smooth linear action for maximum flow and minimum pressure drop. With no diaphragms or stuffing boxes, the cartridge assembly of the removable seat and seat ring simplifies maintenance. For alcohols, MTBE, TAME, reformulated fuels and other challenging additives or oxygenates, an aggressive-products option is available.
Specifications of the Daniel Series 788 Digital Control Valves
|Line Size||DN50 to DN200 (2-in to 8-in)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-29º C to +66º C (-20º F to +150º F)|
|Operating Pressure Range||ANSI 150 to 300|
|Materials: Valve Body||Carbon Steel, ASTM A352 GR LCC|
|Materials: Valve Cylinder||DN50 to DN 200 (2-in to 4-in): Stainless Steel, ANSI 150 to 600; DN250 to DN 300 (6-in to 8-in) Carbon Steel, Nickel Coated, ANSI 150 to 600|
|Materials: Valve Piston||Standard: Stainless Steel|
|Materials: Seat Ring||DN50 to DN200 (2-in to 6-in) Stainless Steel; DN300 (8-in) Carbon Steel, Nickel Coated|
|Materials: O-Rings||Standard: Viton; Optional: Neoprene, EPR, Kalrez / Teflon AP (Aggressive Products)|
Features of the Daniel Series 788 Digital Control Valves
- The right mix of maintenance activities contributes to operating in a safe, consistent and economical way. Costs can be kept low, and production and metering targets can be met with effective planning and execution of maintenance and lifecycle strategies.
- The damage caused by shock pressure is avoided with adjustable control of closing speed.
- Compared with axial flow valves, pressure drop and maintenance are reduced with the high-capacity, 45º piston operation.
- Pressure from 60 to 9928 kPa (10 to 1440 psi) within ±13.8 kPa (±2 psi) of the setpoint is controlled.
- Positive O-ring seal and valve seats are not affected by fluid viscosity and pressure drop, improving reliability.
- When power is lost, equipment and personnel are protected with positive shutoff (ANSI Class VI) and fail-safe closure.
- There is no need to remove the valve from the line because all internal parts are housed in a cartridge assembly, so uptime is maximised.
- Wear-related maintenance is minimal with a simple design featuring no diaphragms or stuffing boxes.
Daniel’s Control Valves
Daniel has the control valve you need for multiple applications – pipeline control, blending, flow rate or pump control. One basic valve can perform many different functions because all Daniel 700 Series control valves are self-contained and externally pilot-operated. You can choose or change valve capability as required through multiple easily modified pilot arrangements.
Positive sealing, linear valve action, uniform fast response and leak-proof performance are assured through unique design features and unit-built construction. Because the basic valve’s body and internals are the same throughout the line, the spare parts inventory is simplified and costs are reduced.
Using an external pilot for multiple control functions, each 700 Series model is designed for general control applications. The valves can be installed in either a horizontal or vertical line with flow direction vertically upwards.
Download more resources (documents, drawings and videos) here.