For applications where communication paths with several field devices need to be established and maintained in parallel, the MTL4854 HART® multiplexer is the ideal product to use. This is a module that has the same 32 channel capacity as the MTL4850 for connection to field devices but now has four HART modems rather than just one.
Essentially this gives 4 x 8 channel multiplexers in one compact housing, enabling simultaneous communication with several field devices through one serial link. One particular use for this is during partial-stroke testing of valve positioners, where the ability to maintain access to other connected devices while the multiplexer would otherwise be locked enables plant monitoring to continue.
The MTL4854 HART multiplexer offers the following benefits:
- Connection to multiple HART devices simultaneously
- Faster initialisation and loop scanning
- Channel to channel isolation
- Plug-and-play for serial link communication parameters
- LED indication for fault diagnosis
- Supports HART rev 5 – 7 devices
- Onboard event log
- ATEX and IECEx certification (FM, FMc to be advised)